Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Coal Truck Wreck Norton?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member dogfacegremlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2005
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Coal Truck Wreck Norton?

    I read that there was a wreck in between norton and appalachia yesterday and that there may have been someone hurt...does anyone know?
    "I'm not here to be loved, I'm here to win."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Truck Wreck Norton?

    Yeah, the lady killed was a long time resident of appalachia and one of the nicest ladies I know. She was killed instantly as she was ran over by a coal truck near appalachia elementary school. Appalachia lost a great citizen. She was an employee of the Virginia Employment Commission and always treated customers with respect.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Truck Wreck Norton?

    That road is very dangerous at any time of the day.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Football_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Truck Wreck Norton?

    This is so sad.... the LADY lived on my street...she loves cats and she would pull over every day on her way home from work with a bag of cat food to feed them. She has several cats at her house too.

    I kinda thought that might have been where she was going when the accident happened. --I dont know if she has any family around here or not... this is really sad. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Coal Truck Wreck Norton?

    Not sure where the truck had pulled out from or how fast the woman was going. But i seen the car. Totally destoryed.
    I hate to say it. But something needs to be done.
    One minute your behind trucks going what 20 mph. Next their doing 50 mph.
    The road is rough as it is. And i think they had one truck turn over Wed. And maybe an accident then.
    But this is tragic. The lady was one of the nicest you could of known.
    I know the driver of the truck is devastated. But honestly anyone traveling this road needs to be cautious and and in all i mean truckers and regular users. Look out for each other.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Truck Wreck Norton?

    Boys I tell ya what, after drivin to Norton 5 days a week up 58 it shocks me that there aren't more wrecks. Those trucks pass ya doin 70mph throwin rocks and coal all over your vehicle. I've had 2 windshields busted out since January. Thankfully it was a company car and not my own. I know they have a job to do, just as I do. But safety should be the #1 thing.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Truck Wreck Norton?

    Ah man, that's terrible to hear...
    Officially retired

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coal Truck Wreck Norton?

    i hate to hear that [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •